Monday, January 4, 2010

Singing

Tonight I was in Vienna, VA for a concert. It was fun and I really enjoy it. I sang all of the songs because I know the songs and I love it. Andre Hehanussa was the main act. About 10 years ago, I was one of his backing vocal for his concert. So I was so thrilled to know he is in town. He is one of the famous artist from Indonesia. Along with that, there was Shakila, she is also one of the well known artist from Indonesia, she reside to VA since she was married to an American. Tonight I got a chance to told her that I am one of her fan, in fact I used to sing her song. I really had a great time. It was a blast. I dance and sing. I totally will sleep well tonight.

I love singing. Every time I am sad, stress, desperate, down, I always run to music. I express myself with music. For some reason it is just really soothing me. Since I am in US, for the past 4 years, I hardly sing. It's like one of my passion, although it's not a main one.

I really hoping that one day I can sing in church and lead a worship. Fun and funky worship. It is just the way I wanted to praise my God. With the talent that He already provided me.

Some people starting to ask me to sing. This time I will not pass it, I will definitely take it as my chance. I will not let myself down anymore and I will try to be confidence. I always remember a parable from bible, 3 men with money, only one that actually came back and double the money. That is exactly why God give each of us talents/gifts, it is for us to use and to bless others.

Give what you have, don't just keep it for yourself. Someone can always enjoy it.

2 comments:

missGarba said...

You're his backing vocal!!! Ko diem-diem aja sihh...tau gitu kan ikut nyanyi :D

Christine Lantang said...

Haha..it was loooong time ago. May be 10 years ago. That is why I am so excited when I heard he is coming ;p