Sunday, January 3, 2010

Decision...decision....

Tomorrow is already Monday, my least favorite day. I am going to have a long day tomorrow. So I am preparing myself for tomorrow. Entering the third day of January...I looking on what I am going to do this weekend and the next, my weekend already booked for the rest of the month. Gosh....I didn't even realize until I stand in front of my calendar and look at it. Time flies so fast. Part of me still not ready yet, although I know I am going to have an adventure for this year and looking forward for it.

Today I am thinking about taking a big decision that I have to make. But this time, I don't have the guidelines and totally clueless. I am totally blank. I don't know what to do. Something to look forward is I am going to have someone helping me out for this. We are going down to Lynchburg, Virginia to visit a wonderful friends of ours. The good thing is...it will only me and my husband. It is a totally BIG treat for us. I think we need this refreshment. Just the two of us, refreshing our relationship. We hardly even go just the two of us. 'The two of us' runaway totally will be the first time in 2 years. It's been a long time. I know it will be really weird spending 2 nights without kids. But they will survive, I am preparing myself now!

Forget the BIG decision for now...I still have to talk about my resolution. I guess this will be my resolution #3. Ever since I am working in DC, my perspective of life has been changed. Things that I used to do and passion in finally come back to me. So good to be myself. For the past four years although it is hard, but I dont think that I did what I should have done. I don't think that I've done enough spreading the gospel and share about the love of God. I feel like I've been in the safe zone. I've been walking on the egg shell and being comfortable in the Christian circle.

Walking everyday on the street of DC, working in a big building with the diversity of people really opening my eyes. I've been very selfish for the longest time. Knowing some people need God in their life, I cant just close my eyes and walk passed it. For the first time after 4 years, I finally confessed my faith. I shared God in a bar. Talked about Him with someone who don't believe in anything.

With the recession starting on last year, I heard almost everyday in the news about it. It has a big impact in every individual, family, and society. Most of the non profit organization stated that people that used to donate stuff now become their recipient. Very sad. I can't bear my heart watching this situation anymore.

Couple nights ago, Jeremy asked me to pray with him. I couldn't resist his request. So I went in to the room with him. I asked what is his prayer request. He said he ask if God will bless us so we have more money, so we can help others in need. I feel like someone slap on my face hard. If a 6 years old can think about others, why I am being selfish? I really need to get off my butts and do something.

So here is resolution #3... I am going to volunteer in a non profit organization, helping distributing food and packing up in the ware house. I am going to do it with Jeremy. But since the requirement is 7 years old for the children that are going to help, I have another 30 days to go to wait until Jeremy is turning 7. But other than that, what I really want to do it volunteering to teach the kids in need. I found several foundation that has opening for it, I need to pray hard and find the one that God want me to do.

" Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed - not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence- continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose" Philippians 2 : 12-13

Have a great week everybody....!! You can change the world with Him who made you....

No comments: